Scroll down this page below my perspective for a list of links to articles. Click on the article title and the article will open for you.
Following a brain injury finding one’s purpose can be a challenge. What was once understood and clear to us may now be unclear. In my experience, I sought for clarity for many years. What I thought was my calling and the way I was to live my destiny did not work out. I struggled in this process for many years. In my experience the answers did not come over night. Increasing clarity came to me as when I stopped trying to prove that I was not impacted by a brain injury.
Stopped denying that I was living with the impact of a brain injury and an invisible disability. When I stopped trying to live in the truth of people not living with the impact of a brain injury and an invisible disability. When I started to own my reality and live in my truth, my purpose became more clear to me. Finding my purpose became clear to me after my brain injury.
Once I arrived at a place of acceptance of what could not be changed, I became willing to try some thing different. Once I became open to trying some thing different, I started to explore my truth. After I started to explore my truth, it took me another 6 years. Although there was more struggle during these 6 years to find my truth, I am glad that I did not give up on the process. I share my experience with you to encourage you to not give up on your process.
Although your process may take time, as my process took time for me, to gain clarity don’t give up. Keep searching and asking questions. Clarity will come for you. The process just takes time. At least it did for me.
Matters will become clear to you in time. Articles that I share through this category include information that helped me through the process of finding my purpose in life. May you be encouraged to not give up in your process of finding your purpose. May you be encouraged to stay committed to your process. May you stay committed to running your race. May you be encouraged to not give up on finding and living your truth. More will be revealed in time.
“A brain injury is merely a switch on the railroad of life that directs us down a different track of life. A track that we may not have otherwise traveled. The good news is that as we move down that track we can learn. We can learn how to use our gifts, talents and abilities in ways that work for us. In ways that will help us to find and fulfill our purpose.” Craig J. Phillips MRC, BA
- An Important Question that I NEED to ask Myself, “What do I really want?”
- Attending College, University and Graduate School after a Brain Injury Part 2 Video Presentation
- Second Chance to Live Keynote Presentation and the 11th Annual NKY TBI Conference Video Presentation
- Moving Beyond a Survivor Mindset to Excel in Life Video Presentation
- You Are Not Crazy. You have an Invisible Disability Video Presentation
- Feeling Overwhelmed — What to Do Now with My Time? Video Presentation
- As a Matter of Faith
- Don’t Give Up — Your Life Matters!
- Developing and Defining a Mission Statement
- How to Impact Your World
- Stay Committed to Your Course — Run Your Own Race
- Where is my Commitment? Video Presentation
- Prepare to Follow your Dreams Video Presentation
- Prepare to Follow your Dreams
- Footprints on the Sand of Time — How We will be Remembered?
- How to Keep Focus While Pursuing My Mission and Vision
- The Flight of the Butterfly — The Importance of Change and Struggle Video Presentation
- Finding Serenity in the Midst of Frustration and Fear
- Living with a brain injury — Mother Teresa– Do It Anyway Video Presentation!
- Following Your Bliss…Regardless Video Presentation
- Living Beyond Limitations–Meditation–The Doorway to the Infinite
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Living with Dignity Part 2
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Living with a Purpose
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Vocational Pursuits Part 4
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Vocational Pursuits Part 3
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Vocational Pursuits Part 2
- Living with a Brain Injury and What Makes Us Great as Individuals
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Learning how to Love and Accept Myself Part 7
- Fulfilling Your Destiny…regardless Part 1 of 2
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Ingredients — Part 2 or 2
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Ingredients — Part 1 of 2
- The Move…forward
- What is my Destiny — Revisited
- Second Chance to Live and the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Second Chance to Live — Prepared for Greatness
- Traumatic / Acquired Brain Injury — Circumstances and Hope — Part 2
- Traumatic / Acquired Brain Injury — Circumstances and Hope — Part 1
- Traumatic / Acquired Brain Injury – Meaning and Purpose
- Traumatic Brain Injury and the Power of Commitment — Part 2
- Traumatic Brain Injury and the Gift
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Overalls
- Traumatic Brain Injury — Thriving as a Square Peg
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Providence — Part 3
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Anxiety/Fear
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Purpose
- Traumatic Brain Injury and the Mission
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Questions
- The Art of Change
- Revealing your Destiny—Part 3
- Revealing your Destiny – Part 2
- Revealing your Destiny – Part 1
- Living Your Destiny — Revealing Your Destiny
- Your Life is a Melody
- The Dash
- Unleashing Your Greatness
- Traumatic Brain Injury — Thriving with a Disability
- Lost in Time
- Flight of the Butterfly
- What is my Destiny?