Hello and welcome back to Second Chance to Live my friend. I am happy that you decided to stop by to visit with me. For the past several weeks I have been experiencing some depression. Did not know why although I sought to ferret out the reason through writing and speaking with several friends. This morning during my quiet time I had a spiritual awakening.
What I realized was that I had gotten off course over time. I realized my dis-ease was related to putting my focus on matters out of my control. As I continued to reflect, I realized that I needed to get back to basics. The basic premises upon which I created Second Chance to Live on February 6, 2007. With this realization, I revisited these basic premises to re-orient myself. Below is a list of these basic premises.
- It is not as important what happened / happens to me, but how I respond to what happened / happens to me. I am not a victim.
- My circumstances are not meant to keep me down, but to build me up!
- My circumstances are meant to teach me lessons that prepare me for opportunities.
- My opportunities teach me more lessons and prepare me for more opportunities.
- Adversity is merely a switch on the railroad of life, that point me in a direction that I may have otherwise not travel.
- Adversity gives me the opportunity to learn how to use my gifts, talents and abilities in ways that work for me, while on that track of life.
- Adversity is not meant to set me back, but is meant to set me up.
- I am not meant to fit in anyone’s “box”.
- I am not meant to run in anyone’s race, but my own.
- Power lies in identification. Comparison creates constipation.
- Life is made up of circumstances and experiences that can be likened to puzzle pieces and threads. Puzzle pieces — as in a jigsaw puzzle, and threads — as in a tapestry.
- Individual puzzle pieces may not appear fit to anywhere on the board. Individual threads my appear only to be jumble threads. Hang in there. Everything is essential.
- The pieces of the puzzle will fall into place at the right time and in the right order to create a beautiful picture. Threads will be weaved together to create a beautiful design.
- Discouragement and disappointments are essential, as they move me along. Look for the lesson.
- More will be revealed in time.
- Learn how to use your gifts, talents and abilities in ways that work for you, for people who want what you have to give. Don’t give up, keep searching. Be true to yourself.
- Trust the process, a loving God and yourself.
- Trust the process to a loving God and do the footwork. Let go of the outcomes.
- Life is like baking a cake through the of combining ingredients.
- Acquiring the ingredients to bake a cake takes time.
- Baking the cake takes time and can not be rushed.
- Ingredients to bake my cake (live my destiny) are acquired through lessons and opportunities.
- The time it takes to bake the cake can involve a life time.
- I don’t have to have all the ingredients now. Ingredients will become available as I learn the lesson and seize each opportunity.
- I need to stay committed to the process of learning, to acquire the necessary ingredients.
- I need to stay in the game.
- I need to keep swinging at the fences, by staying committed to my process.
- I need to stay in the moment. All I have is now.
- I need to be mindful. I need to stay in conscious contact with a loving God.
- I need to remember that the process is more important than the destination. What I learn along the way is more valuable than any outcome. What I learn through my process is what empowers my journey.
- Life is for living, not merely surviving.
- Pursue excellence, not perfection. There is no such thing as failure, only opportunities to learn.
- Living is about process and a journey, not a destination.
- I am not a victim of my experience. I am empowered by my experience.
- I do not have the Big Picture, nor do I need to concern myself with the Big Picture.
- A loving God is my source. A loving God is the One who opens doors. His timing is right on time.
What I need to do is to look for the lesson in the circumstance — what I experience — instead of complaining / murmuring and focusing on what I do not like or understand. I need to stop looking to / or expecting anyone to grasp, value or esteem what I am about. Instead, I need to run my own race, trust process, keep learning from what I experience and trust a loving God with the timing and outcomes. More will be revealed in time. He will connect the dots.
As you listen to, watch or read my articles and questions come to mind, please send those questions to mind. All questions are good questions. In the event that you would like to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you. To do so, please use the below contact form. I will respond to your comments and questions.
Have a great day.
Receive more articles like this one simply by clicking on Subscribe to Second Chance to Live by email.
Subscribe to Second Chance to Live, Bookmark and Share Second Chance to Live with your friends through a Feed Reader
All material presented on Second Chance to Live is copyright and cannot be, copied, reproduced, or distributed in any way without the express, written consent of Craig J. Phillips, MRC, BA Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND